Friday, April 20, 2012

Delicious Cake


Lisa and Don are hanging out. On a lark, Lisa says, "Hey, want to make a cake? I have been craving some cake for awhile.".

Don replies, "Yeah, you know, I was just thinking that. I want some pink frosting.".

Everyone likes cake, right? Except paleolithic dieters. So, Don and Lisa drive to the store together, they select the ingredients together, debating about how the flavour will be affected. They go to the check-out, split the bill and arrive back in the kitchen, working together and having a blast. After the oven has heated the cake to perfection they both dive in, forks at the ready.

Upon demolishing the cake they lie back on the sofa together, exhausted and full, each reaping the consequences of their individual decisions.

        "Oh, I ate too much!" Don exclaims.

       "Ah, my stomach...I wish I hadn't done that." Lisa moans.

In spite of their reactions, they both proceed to finger-up the rest of the frosting, as leaving any leftover would be a metaphysical crime.

Some weeks later, Lisa calls Don whom she hadn't seen since that fateful day they relented to their natural hunger reflexes.

       "Don...I'm fat...!" Lisa begins.

       "Huh? What's going on?" Don replies.

       "That cake we ate...the next day I felt bloated and got sick...and ever since then 
        I have been gaining weight!"

       "Well, I feel fine. I haven't gained any weight. In fact, the morning after, my run 
        went great!"

        "But you've gotta help me!"

        "What do you want me to do about it, it's your body. Hmm, you want to come 
         running in the morning with me?"

        "No, YOU got me FAT! So it's your responsibility!"

No comments:

Post a Comment